Thursday, October 15, 2009

Once a Yarn Girl, Always a Yarn Girl




My first craft love was crocheting. I have not been doing much crocheting lately, because I grew into knitting and sewing. But, I am pretty proud of this Fall Phoenix Sweater I just finished. So, I just had to show off. I used Paton Grace, color: Wasabi. It's not the softest yarn, but it's fairly thin and allows for bigger holes in the pattern (the type of sweater that you wear over a tank top).

I am also loving knitting right now. I just like the look of knitting so much more, especially for clothing. I am currently working on a "shrugigan." I have just started working with Alpaca wool for this project. And, it is possibly my favorite new heavy yarn. It is so soft, and just slips through your fingers, unlike most wool. I am using Highlander Alpaca with a Twist, in the Blue color, #1013. I LOVE this yarn. It is blue with flecks of black and tan and brown. It just looks great and it's easy to work with. I am using a size 10 circular needle for this project because it is big. But, if you pick up this yarn, you will probably want to use a size 9. My stitches tend to be tight. I will include a picture when I finish with this project.

Other personal news: I am going to be very busy for the next month, so I may not be posting quite as frequently. I am starting a new job, re-starting my Masters degree, and have several sewing/quilting orders to fill. But keep checking! I hope to still post at least once a week!

No comments:

Post a Comment